Your Commercial Gas Boiler
A reliable commercial gas boiler is a stalwart member of any staffing team, quietly going about its work and letting you get on with business.
If your boiler has a power rating of 70kW or more, it is classed as a commercial boiler. It’s a major investment for you and one which should have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. The smooth, continuous operation of your commercial boiler is one that can prove vital to the running of your business. Looking after your boiler can prove to be a really smart move.
And one way of looking after your gas boiler is to get it serviced regularly. A commercial boiler service can help reduce risks to your staff and customers, be more cost-effective, avoid business disruption and help you meet insurance and legal requirements.
Why a commercial boiler service?
There are several compelling reasons for getting your commercial boiler service.
- The health and safety of your staff and customers is paramount. Regular maintenance will help you detect problems such as gas leaks and poor ventilation, which – undetected -can have serious consequences. Proactive servicing and maintenance of your commercial boiler will reduce the risks and help protect your staff and customers.
- Early identification of problems will help avoid bigger (and more expensive) breakdowns later on. Servicing your commercial boiler will help keep on top of the little things, before they become bigger problems,
- Servicing is cost effective – you’ll reduce the risk of big repair pay-outs for major breakdowns. Plus, a well-maintained boiler is a fuel efficient one, helping you keep fuel bills to a minimum and possibly even reducing your fuel bill! This has the added benefit of being better for the environment too.
- You’ll avoid disruption to your business. Maintaining your commercial gas boiler will reduce the likelihood of having to close your doors to customers and staff whilst major repairs are taking place.
- Your insurance company is likely to require a service on your commercial gas boiler in order to maintain any warranty. Usually, your insurance company will request a copy of the paperwork as evidence that you are maintaining your boiler in accordance with their terms and conditions. In addition, regular servicing will help you meet legal requirements such as the Gas Safety Certificate.
You are recommended to have your commercial gas boiler serviced once a year. Commercial boilers are subject to wear and tear due to heavy usage, yet their efficient running is crucial for numerous reasons as outlined above.
An annual gas boiler service is sensible, cost-effective risk prevention, one which must be carried out by a suitably qualified professional.
What can you expect from a gas boiler service?
A service should take between 30 minutes and an hour and be carried out by a qualified engineer. Your service provider will be able to answer any questions you have and provide advice. Your engineer will fill in a report which you will be asked to read and sign off (this paperwork is what is required by most insurance companies to maintain a warranty).
Is there anything you can do?
Whilst it is imperative that you engage the services of a qualified engineer to carry out any work on your commercial gas boiler, there are some simple actions you can take to help maintain your boiler and avoid major breakdowns:
If you do note concerns about any of the above, contact your commercial boiler service provider for an initial discussion/consultation. You never know – a quick email or phone call may save you time and money!
Annual servicing from a reputable, qualified commercial gas boiler provider will help with:
- Early identification of issues
- Saving money on major repairs
- Sustaining business operations
- Reducing risk to your staff and customers
- Maintain warranty
- Legal issues
If you require a service for your commercial gas boilers, contact us here. A member of our team will be happy to organise a service with one of our friendly and professional Gas Safe registered engineers.