Central heating system not working? You might need a gas engineer.
Run through this handy checklist below to see if you can rectify the situation without the need to call a gas engineer.
- Are the gas, electric and water supply turned on?
- Is your house thermostat (if you have one) turned up?
- Is the house thermostat clock timer on?
- Is your boiler’s pressure gauge (if you have one) at around 1 bar?
- Has your boiler’s pilot light gone out?
- Have you tried putting your heating on full to see if any heat comes?
- Is your boiler timer set to the right time?
- Has there been a power cut recently? Your central heating timer might have returned to its factory settings so you’ll need to reset it
- Is there a reset switch on the front of your boiler? Check your boiler manual for more information about using this switch.
- The old reliable, have you tried turning the boiler on and off again?
- Have your pipes frozen?
- Check the pressure gauge on your boiler is set at 1 bar. There might be instructions on how to repressurise it on the side of your boiler, or check out these handy tutorials:
IMPORTANT: If your boiler panel needs tools to remove it, don’t touch it. Instead, book a gas engineer to take a look. Call us on 07740405281 and one of our Worcester Bosch specialists will be glad to assist you.